I have no special skills or accreditation's, just the Word of God and the Holy Spirit living in me. I pray the words here will challenge all to dialogue, learn and grow in our relationship with Jesus. This is NOT about religion, rather it is about RELATIONSHIP. I welcome comments, challenges, and questions.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

God's Presence...Our Rest

I was sitting in church tonight listening to an inspired speaker and friend of ours.  I say inspired because I believe he is truly inspired by the word of God.  He is a humble man and one with much integrity and passion.  Tonight he was speaking on "Where is the presence of God" and I so wanted to share with you some of the things that really stuck out at me from his message.

The question that really stuck in mine was this...

DO YOU POSES A COMFORTABLE REST?

Signs of a comfortable rest include:
  • joy unspeakable independent of circumstances
  • peace
  • calmness
  • knowing God has everything under control
Signs you don't poses a comfortable rest include:
  • worrying about the situation
  • fretting about needs
  • chaos 
  • confusion
We poses a comfortable rest when we are in God's presence.  Not all believers are in God's presence.  God promises only His presence to those who SEEK HIM, and to those who forsake Him, He will forsake.  Are there things in your life that causing you to forsake Him?  Does your life reflect one that is in His presence?  Do you seek Him?

Do you reside in a comfortable rest???

No comments:

Post a Comment