I have no special skills or accreditation's, just the Word of God and the Holy Spirit living in me. I pray the words here will challenge all to dialogue, learn and grow in our relationship with Jesus. This is NOT about religion, rather it is about RELATIONSHIP. I welcome comments, challenges, and questions.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Jan. 14th

Hi.  Glad you decided to join along on this journey I am about to embark.  God has been nudging my heart for several weeks to begin writing and sharing the things that I read, hear, see etc.  But, I kept giving excuses why I couldn't.  The thing is, this isn't about ME its about HIM.  And my desire is to hear, say, think, do, move always in HIM.  And that is why I am here writing on this blog, this cold winter day in 2015.  

On Dec. 31st, I was talking with one of my close friends about the year ahead.  We had both had a stirring in our soul that God was ready to break out and do some extraordinary things this year in those who are ready for His move.  I have since talked to many of my close friends who are feeling the same stirring, an expectation of seeing God move!  Now this evening I attended Wednesday night services.  (YES I still go!)  The speaker talked about how God has been stirring in his heart that this was a year of EXPECTATION.  There will be those who "GET IT".  The ones whose heart desire is for everything God, and nothing else. You will see them with a fire that burns so bright and intense that all the worldly things are swept away.  Then there will be those who just don't get it.  The ones who are satisfied with checking off their weekly church appearance, their fifteen minutes in the word, their blessing over their food.  They are more concerned with the next vacation, making more money, buying their next car.

For a long time in our churches, we have preached the importance of being saved....that that is enough to get us in the doors of heaven.  There isn't much preaching about the verses that talk about "Few shall entire the gates of heaven" (Luke 13:23,24)  or about the path to heaven being through a "narrow gate" (Matt. 7:14).  Rather churches seem to be into preaching about tolerance and acceptance.  The fact is God desires us to be like Jesus.  Jesus had the love of God for all, not wishing any should perish.  But Jesus was not accepting or tolerant of those things that went against His Fathers commandments or the Word of God.  There has to come a point in our lives where we stop being afraid of offense, and start living a life where our whole desire is to be filled overflowing with God, to live His commandments, and to show light to a lost world.  The question is, are you going to be one who "gets it" or not.  If you get it, awesome.  If not, its not meant for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment